mixed bag today

I have a coffee stain in my area rug. I am trying to get it out. My friend who was visiting spilled coffee and didn't mention it until later. I dabbed up most of the liquid when I knew about it, but it will take some work to get the stain out. I treated it with oxyclean and thought I got it, but it appears to require more love since there's more liquid in the rug wicking up. I will try once more with my rug shampooer just to wick up more of the stain and liquid tonight...and if it doesn't work I'll take it to someone in town next week - it's about $40 to have a stain removed by someone. It's 92 for the whole rug which is kinda tempting but I just want the stain out. I'd rather not pay, but we really love the rug. It's our soft comfy living room rug so we can sit on the floor and right now it's not nice tot sit on - the parts I cleaned are stiffer - I think it needs to be rinsed a lot more to get the oxyclean out. I'll try my best to fix it once more and then take it to the pros. I thought I'd fixed it and was all smug. Ah well.

J is of course obsessing over it and so annoyed by it. The risk of having people over is things can get wrecked...that is just how it is. I know the stain will likely come out eventually so I'll just work until it's fixed. If it's not too much then I'll bill my friends for it if J is still pissed about it later. He is annoyed that they never said anything at first...it doesn't bother me as much. I am actually trying not to be annoyed at him being annoyed about this more than anything else- I am the one who is working to fix it so if he wants to be annoyed that I am having to spend time to fix it he can, but it's not the end of the world and I told my friend not to worry about it so I'm just gonna work at it until it's done. He is all worked up about it...and it really isn't that big of a deal to me. This sort of thing drives him crazy...so yeah - fun times. I will be the patient one. It's what I do.

There is also a water stain in our ceiling upstairs...which is not cool. It appeared after a snap deep freeze weather warmed up suddenly...I suspect it's condensation in the attic. I suspect we need to put the insulation in place where the chimney was to prevent condensation build up...hopefully that will stop it. And I will need to paint the ceiling...which I despise...sigh. Ah well - such is the fun of owning a house. I will be doing the work and J will be fretting about it. That's how we roll...frustrating - but I get things done.

In more serious news my uncle just suddenly died of a heart attack while out doing chores on the farm the other day. The funeral is saturday. We weren't overly close, but it makes me worry about my dad because they're around the same age. I suppose going while doing what you love is the best way to go, but I feel so bad for my Aunt. She'll be all alone on the farm now...she was working with him when he died and she's a nurse so she did all she could, but wow. Hug the ones you love - you really never know what's gonna happen.

So yeah - mixed bag of a day today. I'll head home and work on the rug and see how things go from there...
fingers crossed...

5 comments:

JavaChick said...

Ah, sorry about your uncle, and I get your worry. My parents seem like they are still going strong, they are more active that Husband and I are with our desk jobs, but still, you never know. :(

azusmom said...

I'm so sorry about your uncle. <3

Yum Yucky said...

This is definitely a mixed bag. I hope this week is better for you, including a fix for the rug. I'm sorry about your uncle. My own uncle died suddenly of a heart attack last year. It really got us thinking as well.

Navy Mama said...

Hi Geo. *waves* I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. My uncle died last year and definitely hit home for my family, as he was my dad's baby brother.

You might remember me. It's been a long time since I blogged. I married a pirate (*winks* there's your clue!) and disappeared for a while. Now I'm a Navy mama, and I'm back with a new blog. TTFN!

Geosomin said...

Navy Momma - wowsers!
Neat to catch up with you. It has been a while :)