Safari

Today I attacked our yard. This was no small feat. After 3 hours of solid work our back yard has been mowed and pruned and all the  trees have been cut back. It felt good to work and holy cow does the yard look a zillion times better. My dad is coming for an overnight stay this week and since I'm pretty much 6 weeks from surgery I am OK to do to it and get it ready - plus I always feel bad if my yard is overgrown when my dad visits. He gets this look on his face...he never says anything, but I feel more adult when I have the yard in check. Ive had a valid excuse, but still...it's nice to look out from the deck (which I also got set up) and see my yard and it makes me happy. :) Tomorrow I plan on setting up the firepit and having a bonfire. I can't wait.

It's been a nice few weeks healing up and now I am going to go make a delicious supper and enjoy an evening with my J.

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

1 comment:

Yum Yucky said...

We are both in the same gardening frenzy. It's hard work but very rewarding. Enjoy your time with your dad this week!