Slow and steady wins the race

Hiya. How goes things?
Things have been busy and good here. I've been keeping busy and active and trying to keep my activity level up. Instead of updating the chest strap on my 5 year old heart rate watch I invested in a new one when I noticed it was cracked. I haven't had a new watch for 5 years anyways and my wellness funds from work can be used to pay for most of it so I got myself a new heart rate robot.
On friday I just picked up a Garmin vivosmart HR and am really liking it so far. It is a basic smartwatch with a HR monitor...and it's blue. Still figuring out how all the extras work, but I'm very pleased. I've enjoyed having the tracking available on my phone and like not having to wear a chest strap. It's waterproof as well, so I won't accidentally wreck it in the shower or forget to take it off for a bath or swimming. I'm liking it so far. I've yet to have a super intense workout with it, other than briskly walking to work, so I'm curious to map out that  activity and use the app stuff on my phone. I like getting calendar and text reminders on my watch...it's cool. Gives me incentive to move more and more actively track my steps and stairs so that's a good way to get me just do more in my daily life to be more active.
Other than that, life is good. We threw a party for Stella, our 90 year old adopted gramdma on the weekend and I went to a "wellness expo" with my friend Heather. My physio was really helpful. After assessment I was glad to learn that I am apparently about 95% back to normal with my range of motion and I have been given some strength building exercises to do every day, so I'm going to pair them with walking for the month of February to rebuild strength and then hop into a stronger workout come March. Slow and steady wins the race. Knowing that I'm on the right track and I can keep strong really helps me keep in a good headspace and get me through the winter crazies. Hopefully by March it'll be a little warmer and maybe I can start running again. Here's hoping... :)

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Yum Yucky said...

"life is good". That's what I like to hear!