lost a cyborg- gained a cyberpunk

Well the day surgery went well. My arm isn't sore at all. I can't use it much for about a week and I have to wear a stupid opticlear bandage over it until I get my stitches out in a few weeks to keep it clean, but if all continues to go well it should be fine. It'll have a nasty bruise once the stitches are out, but that's to be expected after they rummaged around in my arm to dig the port out. They just froze me up and let me watch the procedure (I'm such a nerd...) - it was so cool and at the end the doc took my phone and took a picture of it (they cleaned it up a bit but it's not clean, sorry of you're at all squeamish). That port served me very well for when it was needed. I was glad to have it. Now I'm glad it's gone. It's a physical way of declaring that I'm done treatment.

Goodbye cyborg implant. I'm glad to say I don't need you any more.

I also got my first haircut in over 14 months. It's rather cyberpunk. I feel rather badass. It's finally a STYLE I chose and not just growing out. It's nice to have a choice to be "me" again if that makes sense. So much of what happens during treatment is just adapting to what you're given and it's been a while since I could choose. It's about time :)
I can't workout for about 10 days, but I'm going to try and be as good as I can while I wait. It just rained for a day over all our snow so it's like a skating rink, but I bought some walking cleats for my shoes so I'm good to go for a little nice weather strolling. I will try and walk home from work as long as I can with this winter chinook we've been having before the winter dives back down into doomy chill.
Hope you all had a nice weekend! :)

4 comments:

JavaChick said...

Congrats on being implant free and stylin! :)

solarity said...

Nice that they let you watch! Congrats, and nice haircut!

Mary Anne in Kentucky

azusmom said...

Excellent!
Loooooooove the haircut!!!! :)

Yum Yucky said...

Just as that badadd hairstyle is your choice, any future cyborg-nectic installs will also be of your choosing as well. We are living in the future, afterall!

Ps. Your blog isn't showing up in my Bloglovin feed all of a sudden. Thus, the late comments from me. But I will get to the bottom of this. Even if it means I have to kick some Bloglovin technical bootay.