Knock on wood

I just had a cardiac function test on monday and my doc just called to say that my ejection fraction has gone down. It's still OK, but they want to have a few more tests done and see a cardiologist before they give me another herceptin dose. I have another function test in a month too to see if it will go back up again. Given my mum's death from congestive heart failure and the many health issues she had with her heart they are being cautious with me. Yes, I'm glad they are keeping an eye on me, but it makes me nervous because herceptin is the magic drug that helps her2+ cancer people like me stay healthy and I hope I get to finish my regimen of it. I am hoping things will go back and I will be fine and get to finish up my treatments. I feel fine (well except for this damn lingering cold) so I want to stay healthy. Thing is, there's a little voice in the back of my head that won't shut up that makes me worry about what happens when all my treatments are done...and I thought I had 3 more months of not worrying before I had to try and wrap my head around that. I just have to remember...I'm healthy now. I'm better...

4 comments:

Yum Yucky said...

It's gotta be tough getting your mind to behave with positivity, considering what you've been through. I am holding your hand through the Interweb connection to support you. xo

solarity said...

Do not listen to the little voice. My little voice has never been right when it say "But what if this or that, or if maybe the other…" When it's right it says "Don't do that," or "Do this thing." (This is supposed to be supportive, but it sounds kind of bossy.)

Mary Anne in Kentucky

JavaChick said...

The nervousness is understandable, but it also sounds like they trying hard to take good care of you. Sending good vibes your way! :)

azusmom said...

More good vibes, hand-holding, and hugs!