coconutty

Hello :)
How are you?
I'm doing much better. My eyes are still ridiculous, but the rest of me is feeling pretty good all things considered. I've recovered from my snack damage. I am moving into the water retention part of the program (sigh), but feel so much better despite the tight pants that I don't mind too much. My brain is coming back to me and I am less tired. It's been very nice out here the last few days so I have been able to get out for short walks in the sunshine and get my egghead some vitamin D. J and I got out to see Captain America on monday and for a nice walk last night. It's one of my favourite ways to spend the evening and it's nice to almost be back to the weather where we can do that. :)

As of this morning I am trying coconut oil around my eyes and see if it helps with the dry red flakey eyes...they water so much lately that they have gotten red around them and the dry peeling skin really hurts...like diaper rash (sort of?) for a lack of better way to describe it. I have my eye drops and I am just putting up with it for now and waiting for the watery eyes to recede - they are supposed to in a week or so. I talked to the pharmacist when I got eyedrops and she said to just wait it out. There's not a lot you can put around your eyes and the eye cream I have does not help - I figure coconut oil can't be a bad thing. It sure feels nice....so so far so good. Still looks horrid, but feels much better.

This morning I felt up to getting back to my exercise thing that I've tried to do when I can:
10 squats
10 front lunge + back lunge + squat (each leg)
15 pushups (from my knees)
20 bicycle crunches
10 side lunges (each leg)
15 pushups (from my knees)
20 v-crunches
30 second superman

MIght not seem like much but right now...it's tough. It was very hard to get through and took some time, but I managed to do them all. I also plan on a walk or some bike time today too along with some serious stretching that seems to hep work out my sore stiff legs. Tomorrow I will do some arms stuff. It's a bit disconcerting when I get out and cannot walk far so I want to make sure that now that I feel a bit better I'm as active as I can be to help maintain and build back some strength and flush this water out of my system. I want to try and be as active as I can before surgery since I know i'll be out of commission for a week or two.
And...Gotta be ready for comicon. :)
I just learned Matt Smith will be there.
Joy
:)

3 comments:

JavaChick said...

I would love to go to Comicon one of these years. I think Matt Smith will be very entertaining!

We were away over the holidays, so had recorded the Doctor Who Christmas Special. Then due to a power outage from all the storms, our PVR got fried and we lost our recordings. So I pre-ordered the blu-ray, impatiently waited for it to be released...and so far have put off watching it. I'm kind of not ready to say good-bye to Matt Smith as The Doctor. :(

I am impressed with your exercise efforts! In your place, I have a feeling I'd be tucked into a comfy chair with a pile of books.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Yum Yucky said...

About that diaper rash around your eyeballs... I was reading earlier today that hemp seed oil is great for the healing skin because it's able to penetrate the deep layers, not just sit on top of it. Interesting, huh? And now I share that fancy knowledge with you.

solarity said...

The eye thing sounds truly horrid. I hope it goes away soon. Cheers for all the exercise!

Mary Anne in Kentucky