Burpee month

Last night was bellydance class and by the end of the day I was just done. Tired and happy. I went to bed on time and slept like a baby rock. One of my cats kept trying to wake me up at 2AM but after a brief discussion with a water sprayer he decided to let me sleep until 530 like normal. Wise move on his part. I was quite willing to up the response accordingly until he got the hint...I do *not* allow cat opera at 2 AM.
This morning I came in for spin class with yelly Mel and had a great sweaty workout. Sweat dripped off my eyebrow...so yes, it was a good workout. After, I tried (and kinda wimped out) to do a challenge from Josie at YumYucky - her thing was to see how many burpees I could do in 5 minutes. Before spin class this seemed like a great idea. After, not so much as I really pushed myself in the 40 minute class. So instead, I went for number to start- 50. 50 seemed like a nice round number. So, I did 50 burpees (whoop!), then decided to do 60 bike abs and 50 one leg hip thrusts and stop there and have a shower.
And, you know, I liked it. I think I am going to do the burpees after each spin class tuesday and thursday and try to work up to 100, adding 10 per week, and even do them on the weekend, where I may do them boot camp style - 50 seconds on and 10 seconds break for 5 minutes. I feel like I need a new monthly challenge and this should be fun...so hear me now -March is officially burpee month!
It's on!

1 comment:

azusmom said...

50?!?!?!?!
Awesome!
Especially AFTER Spin class!
I think, in 5 minutes, I could do...4?
Does whining count as a workout? 'Cause I always that burpees.