I love the smell of sunscreen in the morning...

This morning I got up to go to the farmer's market for some veg, honey and locally made yogurt. Yum. J worked last night until 6 AM so he's still asleep. When I got home it was just so gorgeous that I threw on some shorts and grabbed my music and shoes and went out for a run in the sunshine. I was quite surprised at how well I did - I thought I might have to walk a lot of it, but apparently I am in better shape than I thought...and not as stiff from yesterday than I figured I would be. I worked out a ~8K run along both sides of the river with 3 short walk breaks near fountains for water, and on the pedestrian bridge over the river where it's pretty wobbly and I don't want to trip.  I jogged the whole thing at a steady pace except for the short breaks. I was thinking I'd have to do run 4 minutes walk 1 but in the end the whole 40 minute jog went very well with my 3 stops. Slow and steady. Whoop! I guess HIIT and boot camp cardio really do get you conditioned.
 I do so love running and my knee is OK with it if I do it occasionally for less than 10K. I think I may make it a weekend thing whenever I can. It was lovely. I feel great. It's just starting to get hot now, so it was good to be out in the sun and a  breeze.

image

Now - protein oatmeal with fresh honey and a banana and I'm off to the land of studiousness. My thesis and I are hanging out today so I can relax tomorrow and monday with J and friends at the lake. My only "summer holiday" (emphasis on the day) of sorts. The weather is supposed to be fantastic so I'm looking forward to it. :)

Hope you all have a lovely weekend. I'll be back on tuesday :)

No comments: