Boom! It's on.

This weekend wasn't as productive as I'd hoped, but I did get my beer bottled, my wine racked and do a few hours on my thesis speech. I also saw the new Batman movie, in addition to rewatching the previous 2. And I know it sounds cheesy but I was really inspired by Batman. Honest. Not only was the film fantastic...but I came away with something I needed.
Cheesy as it sounds, I came to a realization of how much I was really slacking off and resenting my final speech for my defence which comes up in about a month's time. I've been taking a bit of a rest after submitting my thesis and avoiding the speech by not working hard at it. Yes, I've worked on it a bit, I haven't really put my mind to it. And now...well, I've changed my mind. I have come to see that this defence is the final chance for me to present the last 2 and a half years of my life. It is my own work -my own damn fine work if I do say so myself. And so I will not slack off. I will not insult or neglect the last 2 years of my intense, all out crazy life and insanity by giving in to lethargy and stress. This is important. I must finish strong.
This week I am in beast mode in both body and mind. For my body - solid workouts all week and healthy eating. For my mind - well, I need to really put in the focus and effort it will take to make this speech fantastic. It will not be easy to summarize 100 pages of thesis in 20 minutes or less...but I will do my best to do so. And then I will be able to close this chapter of my life with a smile and a contented nod, knowing I did my best. I can be proud of it and look back without regret at what I've done. Yes, it's hard and I'm tired...but just a little bit longer. Just a bit. I know now I can do it.  :)

I ran across black thai sweet rice and made some of my famous purple rice pudding on the weekend. Oh yum....seriously the best thing ever. I don't make it often because rice pudding is my favourite thing ever ever ever and it's not exactly good for you when you're trying to eat healthy again, but dayum. Tasty.

This morning I came in for sculpt class. The regular girl is away and her replacement, who teaches some other classes is just awesome. I prefer her and wish she'd stay on. The workouts are challenging, but they aren't over the top hard core to the point where it isn't fun. I know I worked my body all over and I feel really good.
I'm excited for  this week. I have plans to do some work clothes shopping in September, so I have a goal to get my butt back into as good a shape as I can...into the shape it was a few months ago with a little hard work and a lot of healthy eating. Consistent workouts. It's the mini goal I need to get back to it so that the clothes I get fit me long term for work and they won't be baggy and frumpy when I tone up again. I know I won't be at my personal best by then, but I will be close. I like having clothes as my scale for how I'm doing and not the scale...because in the last few months I've only gained 4 or 5 pounds but my shape has changed significantly because I've lost muscle. To me its how I feel...how my clothes fit that tells me when I'm off track. Numbers just cloud your mind to how you feel.  I will continue to help myself stay in check. I can do this. I'm strong.

I am Uberfrau.

1 comment:

Yum Yucky said...

finish strong, my sistah! Finish strong in everything you do, and I shall do the same. (especially when it come to pie-eating. the last slice of pie must be finished)