Monday, January 23, 2012

Hear me baby hold together

Hmmm...I was going to come in to work out this AM with my knee being back to normal, but somehow on friday night I slept wrong on *something* and my left shoulder blade has a wicked kinky lump in it...so I didn't work out today. I don't have a full range of motion and it hurts off and on. I put heat packs on it over the weekend and I'm hoping it will will work it's way out today...I'm worried I would really hurt myself if I tried to workout now. It feels a bit better today. Man...I'm falling apart! :)

Instead I slept in a bit and made up some oatmeal with an egg whipped in, with a bit of maple syrup, milk and banana and came in to work a bit early. I figure I might as well use my time well. I had a relaxing weekend. Made lots of tasty food (including some of the best pizza I have ever made, some cheese rolls and pumpkin peanut butter soup...oh man). Relaxed a lot with J and really felt like a "normal" weekend. Those have been so very very rare. It was exactly what the 2 of us needed. I feel very centred and other than the whole random shoulder thing, I'm ready for another week.

Hope you all have a great day. I'm going to hunt down a cup of coffee and get ready for a day of poking around the old chemistry pharmacy building on campus inventorying cool old machines. I love that kind of stuff...should be fun!
Cheers.

1 comment:

azusmom said...

Youch! Our bodies send us messages, sometimes subtly and, when we don't listen, not-so-subtly, lol!
There are times when we need to rest and take care of things on the home front. There's time later to get back to the gym!
Glad you had a good weekend!