Revamping Wednesdays

Yesterday we didn't make it to Ferris Beuller's Day off - we went fro a walk by the river instead...and I feel better for it. Poor J - he shoots a weekly pet adoption segment for the local SPCA and there was a kitten last week that stole his heart after so many segments. He was working out how to foster the little guy until he found a home and was looking forward to playing with him and finalising the details and discovered when he went in today that the poor little thing had caught a respiratory disease and died...so he was very glum. We walked away some of the glumness before I had to dive into work. Sweet husband I have...his heart is as big as the moon and as warm as bathwater. :)

This morning I thought I'd rearrange my workouts for the next while...so my week will be like this now:
Monday - workout A + abfest + stair climber
Tuesday - Spin and sculpt class
Wednesday - New workout + abfest + elliptical for whatever time is left
Thursday - Spin and sculpt class
Friday - Workout B + abfest + HIIT biking or stair climber
Saturday/Sunday- rest days with a long walk by the river

My Wednesday workout was inspired by Zuzana on Bodyrock TV. She's got a lot of bootcamp style workouts that varythings up and challenge you in a short amount of time. Since I have an interval timer, some of their workouts I can do improvising in gym equipment like a Bosu ball, crunch station or medicine ball for some of the things she uses. Today I thought I'd do her 5 minute warm up, followed by the Bodyrock Wicked Things workout . I did it in 23 minutes and some change...not too bad. It got hard at the end, and I had to modify the last move a bit since I don't have a pullup bar (changed the kneeraise on the bar to a front kick), bit I tried hard. I admit my pike pushups were pretty lame - I'm working on my form so they'll get better...but the thing is I *did* it and tried my best :) Then hopped on the elliptical for 15 minutes, had an abfest and hit the showers. After a yummy bowl of cottage cheese and some fruit and I'm good to go for the day.

I had a wedge of laughing cow cheese and a few almonds on the way out the door this AM - they sat well with me and I think they gave me a boost of energy - I pushed myself but felt better than yesterday...maybe I didn't have enough fuel in me then?? I need to look into fueling up before workouts somehow without getting queasy. Trial and error and all that...

And tonight? More data work. Woo. I am passing up a night out with the girls drinking beer and watching chic flicks to work on my project...sigh. I know that when I'm done I can do this stuff again, but I sure feel like a lame-o sometimes...I miss seeing my friends. I rarely get to, as my free time is consumed with school...but what will be will be. I knew what I was signing up for. I'll keep at it...
And when I'm done? Cupcakes for all! :)

2 comments:

azusmom said...

You're husband is a sweetheart! I'm SO sorry about the cat!

I've tried Zuzanna's workouts. YOWCH!!!!!! They're an accomplishment, no matter how you look at it, so pat yourself on the back!

Jody - Fit at 53 said...

So sorry about the kitty & your hubby! :-(

Yes, those Bodyrock TV workouts look hard! Notice how I said look! ;-)

OK, waiting for cupcakes!