Strange Days

Yesterday sucked. Like a Hoover.
Experiments failed so my cell lines are still with me. I was exhausted. People randomly and unknowingly screwed me over. I found out that instead of going to the lake to visit my dad this weekend I will be stuck at home crunching and exporting (again) data. No fishing for me. Dad was disappointed, I could tell. I was very dissapointed. My visit with him was one of my rewards for working hard this past week, but no amount of hard work prevents major cockups...so I jsut have to suck it up and keep going.
I can't wait to be done my MSc.
The one thing that helps me feel sane is knowing I'm looking after myself. OK yes I am running on too little sleep, but I've been keeping up with my workouts and eating very healthily. I'm sure it helps keep me going on days like yesterday. It took a lot of J hugs and a few tears before I stopped wigging out and we had some supper and I got back to work.

This AM I was up and in to workout with a solid workout - same as wednesday. Yummy protein shake and banana after and then blueberries and cottage cheese for breakfast - which is one of my favourite things. Yum. I have a healthy lunch and I'm ready for another long day. More work...but by the end of the weekend come hell or high water I will have ALL of my data exported and compiled. That gives me monday and tuesday to do stats on it before my big meeting in Vancouver. I can visit J's favourite aunt and cousin and see my grandma. Meep.

1 comment:

azusmom said...

Oh man!!!!!
That seriously s*cks!
Sending hugs!