Friday at last :)

Last night I had a wonderful evening off just getting to hang out with mu husband...we've both been so busy lately it was so nice to just spend the evening together.

This morning I got up at 5:30 and did the endurance part of the Core Performance workout. For the H.I.T. training I went out on the trails by my house and speedwalked. While out there I had a flash of genius at how to get my heart rate up into the 80% zone for the high intervals...there are benches about 14 inches high at regular intervals along the trail so I stopped at one and did 12 step ups on each leg. That took 1 minute, so I did it twice. Brilliant. It got my heart rate right up there, so on the way back I did the same thing. I burned a whole extra 6 calories this way (oh boy) but it did get my heart rate up and I felt great after. I have a naturally low heart rate so it's a challenge for me to get my heart rate up there above 160...I made it up to 171! And I seem to be able to do this level of Core Performance without aching terribly the next day so I'm moving up a level next week.
I noticed today how important good shoes are. I have a crappy old pair of Pumas I use when I'm indoors doing stuff and the stretching and lunges for Core Performance so I don't track dirt all over the house. I forgot to change shoes before i went out on my walk...wow...no cushion at all. No ankle support. Just poundy trudging. I can't believe I tried running in them when I first started running...my newer (yet old pair) of running shoes I retired from running and wear to work feel like little pillows in comparison :)
I had a nice walk to work this morning. It's cooled off a bit and so I really enjoyed the walk...I figured out it's about 2.7 Km from home to work...takes about 30 minutes at a brisk yet not sweaty when I get to work pace. Counted over 70 gophers and 30 pelicans on my walk...I love living where I do.
I feel better when I do this workout thing, I really do. I'm happier, and less stressed. My whole attitude this week has been more positive. Sure I'm tired by 9:30ish and I find myself nodding off during whatever I try and watch or do after then, but my husband has been a sweetheart about just tipping me over onto his shoulder and letting me snooze away until whatever we're watching is over :)

Tonight is the monthly old horror movie flick at the community theatre, so I hope I can stay awake for it. Once a month they find old cheesy movies and play them at midnight. Tonight is Return of the Living Dead. It's usually a theatre full of of hyped up people who love grindhouse type films, with lots of Mystery Science Theater 3000 mockery...a lot of fun. My brother and I have a date to go..I hope I can stay awake for it. This weekend is a lot of MSc work, but since monday is a holiday I can relax a bit, and get some real work done on my MSc. It'll be nice...

Hope you all have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Scrumpy said...

Hey Geo!

Sorry I've been MIA for so long.

There isn't a chance in hell I'd be up until midnight. I can barely make that on a weekend.

Have fun!