Whoosh

I was here.
Then I went home to my Dad's for a bit...my brother and I packed up Mom's things-Dad just couldn't do it. Since he was away, we came in to go through things a bit for him. Thankfully my Mum was a very organised and simple person. There wasn't as much as we'd thought...
Bro and I spent a weekend going though old things in the attic and house. What could have been very sad was actually a very wonderful time remembering so many things. Mom kept so many little random things from our childhood...:) We spent the weekend eating all the gluten and lots of odd things he can't normally have (his wife has lots of allergies) and reminiscing about our childhood...slowly saying goodbye to some things in our own minds. AND realising that we don't have to say good bye to a lot of them...There are local charities that will give Mom's things to people who need them. She would have wanted that...

Then I came back to life here...busy busy. Small setback in my MSc project, but I'm on top of it now after a few days of crazy. Contamination issues obliterated my cultures...but after disinfection and sterilization of my work area, incubator and flow hood I have begun to grow some cells up again. And they seem to be alive so far. So far so good...
All that remains is to start making my ass submit to my whims and desires again. Yes...there's been very little of that going on. Sleep took priority over that to make sure I got enough rest to get better. And I mostly am...
My cold is 90% gone (just the odd sniffle) and I'm rarely using my inhaler anymore, so I'm going to start biking to work (once I fix my bike tire) and get back to workouts as of May. I'm dreading and welcoming the stiffness that will come...but I know I'll feel great :)

Here's a little chill music to start your day...later taters :)

1 comment:

Sagan said...

Hugs- that's tough to do. It's nice that you were able to give so much of it to charities... there are always those in need.