Day 7: Wow I can do a lot in the morning :)

This morning went well. I got up at 5:15 and went on the elliptical at resistance 2 and 15% incline for 36 minutes and then 4 more minutes of cool down...the robot said I burned about 500 calories. I wanted to do 38 minutes but my asthma told me it was enough, so I didn't push it. Breathing is a good thing. In the midst of this I also did a few chores, made lunch and a load of laundry. Time was tight, but it is nice to know that after a long day I'll get home to less to do.
We're really getting organised and it's really encouraging me. After finally finishing up moving things to the computer room upstairs I've been doing some more decluttering and organising. What is left downstairs is now J's stuff, so he can do what he wants with it. We moved a bit of furniture around yesterday, and it's looking even better...not perfect, but I am quite happy with how things are now. For the first time in ages I feel like I live in a normal house...like if my Mum just showed up out of the blue I wouldn't be embarrassed to let her in, you know? It's not perfect by any means, but there has been so much clutter and disorder for so long with renos and reorganising that it's almost a physical release to have things "sort of" in order. I still have some work to do in my craft room and in a week we're renoing the kitchen so everything in it will then be downstairs in boxes (*sigh*) BUT at least it's not piles on top of other piles...it'll just be that to redo once the kitchen is fixed up. So much easier. I have to book the gasman and pick out a faucet and grout colour (light grey or blue I think)...but other than that, I think I'm ready for a parental visit and some kitchen renos. Maybe even some Christmas decorations too. Woo.

It's been a good day so far and it's not even 8 AM :)

I love it when things start out this way.

Workout CD of the week: Plastic Compilation Vo. 2

2 comments:

Marste said...

piles on top of other piles

When did you visit my house?

No, really, I feel for you re: getting stuff organized. I'm still working on it, after the craziness of the last few months. I got my condo about 70% decorated a month after I moved in, and . . . it's still about 70% decorated. :P

KefirGirl said...

ooh, yes, LOVE getting a workout done and over with so early in the morning! Nice job!