2 days in a row - oooh lalah!

Well, I got up again this morning (2days in a row at 5:30-woo!) and did my favourite Tribal Fusion Yoga DVD. I did the short yoga warmup and the first full set of drills and isolations. By June I had worked up to doing the drills through no problem, and this morning my arms ached by the end and I had to stop a few times. I definitely have muscles in my upper arms and back to rebuild. It was nice though to do familiar moves and drill them into muscle memory. Lots of upper body isolations and armwork.

The cooldown for this DVD is nice: good stretching and then some yoga poses and deep relaxation, which my cat is very grateful for...he can sit on my chest and purr while I deeply relax for 2 minutes. Helps me relax more too. Whenever I roll out the yoga mat both cats need to sit on it, so I have to retrain them to get off while I stretch or I'll end up squishing them!

One good thing - my husband will finally be off his ridiculous 4:30 AM morning show as of the end of October for the first time in 2 years. I'm so happy for him - he's put in his time on that show and will be able to do more shooting and editing and producing AND not be exhausted all the time. No forced naps and early bedtimes for him anymore. I admit to being a little pouty about having to rearrange my mornings to accommodate our new schedule tho. I've finally worked out a nice morning groove where I'm used to having the house all to myself when I get up to do as I please, play what I like and workout and get ready for work at my leisure, and we'll have to figure out how to fit us both in now. Plus I usually get up when he is leaving for work, and it's easier to get up when he is already up. Now he works out after work...it'll take a few weeks to figure it all out I'm sure. In the end it'll be so nice for him to not be so tired all the time. He's a night owl, and his body chemistry is so much more content when he's on "his" time. It'll be back to me being the one falling asleep too early at night now (OK it still happens now, but it will happen more!)

After a rushed morning and some oatmeal with blueberries and brown sugar (the best breakfast ever - I don't think I'll ever get tired of it) I feel ready for the day.
Have a great day!

No comments: