owie owie owie

Heh, after doing stomach and arm drills in the morning, guess what we did in class? Yup. More of the same. Worked all 3 ab muscle groups separately...and upper and lower back.
Owie.
Of course I pushed myself, and the muscles in my back and upper abs are still stiff today, tho not as bad as they were this morning or last night. I did get to do a run of my solo before the beginner class (a "sneak preview" of the recital) and I aced it...that felt good. The last time I did it I wasn't feeling well and I bombed it...it's nice to know all the practicing has paid off. Last night I was so stiff that I actually sucked up to J to get him to rub my back a bit and used the hot water bottle on my back to ease out the stiffness...times like this I really wish I had a decent tub for soaking. Ours is little more than a puddle as the original owners put the overflow too low...not very therapeutic.
This morning I couldn't work out...too stiff. Sitting up to get out of bed was a victory :). I did a bunch of stretching instead. I still had breakfast, but it wasn't after stomp dance fusion workout I had planned for myself. That would have maimed me I'm sure...
I will do some practising tonight, though. I must. Particularly as I have decided that I will not be able to make my recital rehearsal tomorrow night. I have decided that my life takes precedence over rehearsals this time- I've got a hot date with this guy I married who I haven't seen enough of lately :). My life is out of balance, and right now time with J beats out rehearsal hands down...it's a shame it's gotten to an either or thing but I've got J around forever-the recital will be over after the 28th.
Priorities...tricky. Cranky Fitness had an article today about a woman who booted her family away for a month to go hard core into fitness and exercise. It really got my mind whirling...I can see why she would do this. I know sometimes it's hard to strike a balance between putting yourself and you wants/needs first and putting your marriage/family/job/life first. Too many balls to juggle. Someone ends up feeling cheated. I know for me this classes 2 nights a week with at least one 3 hour rehearsal a week (usually friday nights...grr) has taken it's toll on my sanity and eaten into the little spare time I have with my husband...made me feel guilty, and feeling like I'm being too selfish. It's the reason I try not to ever take work home...my home time is precious to me. J and I do everything together...I've been missing him. So, priority check. J first...
I have 3 recital practices next week before the big to do on saturday...I haven't missed one yet, so I figure they can do without me just this once. If they try and guilt me I'll just smile and say buhbye. Life is too short...

I have been loosening up as the day goes on...still a dull ache in my abs, but the rest of me is stiff, but much more pliable. Hopefully by tonight I'll be good to go.
Must go. Lots to do...

1 comment:

HC said...

Yup, the juggling is tricky for sure. I'm trying to be better about seeing family more than I have in the last month -- I think the lack of prioritizing emotionally sustaining things in my life (as opposed to financially sustaining) has made me a big stress case. Have fun with the hubby -- you deserve the time together. :)