C is for cramps

Today I was up, a bit stiff after my first belly dancing class from the fall session. Plus it's PMS time, so I'm all achy. But strangely, feeling very good despite that.
I did my ball DVD this morning (with cat assistance yet again...), then walked to work. It is a nice 35 minute walk. It actually takes the same time for me to walk as it does to take the bus, so on a beautiful morning like today it's nice to walk instead. I even did the fruit smoothie thing again for breakfast (added some blueberries today) and took it with me on my walk to work. YUM.

I signed up with a friend from work to take a belly dance class at a local high school gym every week this fall...because it's a community association class it's cheap ($25!) and the girl teaching it is very good. Last night was the first class...and I am really looking forward to it. It's looking to be high energy, but very mellow, and a lot of fun. I get the feeling I'll learn a lot, but not feel to intimidated, because it's a class of about 20 "average" ladies just there for fun. The teacher had some jingly hip scarves (she gets them for a very low cost) and I finally got one so I can practice with one at home. It's easier to tell if you're doing the moves right...plus it's jingly...J was very intrigued. Apparently we'll learn a routine by the end. Neat.
Jingle jingle.

2 comments:

HC said...

Fun! The belly dancing, not the cramps...

Have you seen the show "Shimmy"? I think it's on Fit TV. I love it, and it totally makes me want to do a belly dancing class.

Anonymous said...

HOW FUN!
that is something Ive wanted to do for a while now and havent...

and shimmy? never heard of THAT either!

Miz.