D is for...um...diligence??

I thought the alphabet thing would be a clever way for me to exercise daily and post 26 days without quitting (3 weeks to form a habit and all that), but I'm not that clever with letters it turns out...

At any rate, this morning I got up at 5:10 and made a fruit smoothie for J and I and tucked mine in the fridge for later. He had a tasty breakfast while I put on my run kit and headed out. The blender is LOUD so he always feels bad using it in the morning when I'm asleep, but on the days I run, I get up about the time he's having breakfast, so I figure from now on, on run days for me it's smoothie time for both of us. He's very happy with the whole deal...
It was only about 8 degrees this morning, but very pretty - the leaves are starting to turn and my lulu lemon running jacket has been working very nicely to balance the "it's a bit chilly I need to keep warm/oh wait now I'm sweating/oh no it's too warm/ah I'm cooling off now" part of the annoyance that is running here in the fall. You can't dress for the temp as you warm up after a few minutes...this jacket is just the thing for it. I did need gloves today, but that's nothing new. My hands are always cold.
I did 2 minutes walk + 4 minutes jog 6 times again this morning. I picked up the pace a little bit, and made it to the mini bridge by the gallery today before turning around, which is about 2 blocks further than tuesday. It felt good to get there (it's very pretty) and know I'd pushed myself a little bit. My legs are a bit stiff, especially on the outside of my knees, so I'll have to do more ITB stretches I think, but so far, there have been no major aches or pains. I always worry I'll do too much too soon and end up bugging out my knees or something. That is the problem with having been in such good shape is I want to get back there right away. I'm trying to find a happy medium so I don't hurt myself. I do want to be diligent tho - I like how I feel when I exercise. And I'm making sure I do LOTS of stretches. I forgot the butt stretches tuesday and wandered around all yesterday with a stiff butt, so I made sure I did every stretch I could think of this morning before I hit the shower.
And then there was a fruit smoothie in the fridge for me to drink on my way to work.
Nice. This is working out very nicely so far... I just hope the scale doesn't dissapoint me when I step on it at the end of the month.

Music to jog by: Beck - The Information

2 comments:

HC said...

I know what you mean about impatience with getting back to the fitness level you were once at -- I always end up injuring myself when I start working out because my brain thinks I can do more than my body can actually deliver. Sounds like you're back on track-- congratulations!

Anonymous said...

oooh methinks I adore the alphabet idea!

(uh for you. Im not stealing :) not how I roll)

and you ARE back on track and, as you know, those muscles hath memory and are readyreadyready to return.

Miz.