Porridge day

It's odd...Some days you work out or run and it's fantastic and wonderful and you feel as though you could take on the world...like it's not even hard and you could have gone even further than you did, and feel all smarmy and good about yourself after. Other days it's like running uphill through porridge and you have to force yourself to finish as you know it's good for you...if it doesn't kill you first.

Today was a porridge day.
It was good cool weather for running, and I woke up at 5 with no problem to spend breakfast with my husband before he left for work, which was nice, but I just couldn't find a good pace...I kept getting a side stitch and it was all I could do to run 4 minute stretches and walk 2 minutes between them 6 times. A fair workout, but I must say I didn't have a good time.

But, after a good breakfast and a hot shower and a deeeeeelicious cup of Tim Horton's coffee I feel great, so in the end, it was a good thing. Not every day is a perfect day...and it seems to be getting better and better.

A friend who is staying with us has been cooking meals occasionally and I've been loving it - last night was braised pork chops in a portabello rye cream sauce and balsamic herbed roast vegetables...so I need to be running to keep up with all the amazing food I weill be eating over the next while (and not cooking-woot!)

It's odd how you can start a day feeling mumbly and grumpy and suddenly realise you're perky and cheerful and not realise exactly when it happened. I don't mind though - it reminds me why I try and treat myself well...healthy and happy is a good way to be. It's nice to be able to exercise again... :)

3 comments:

Scrumpy said...

Waking up grumbly and going to bed smiling is the best feeling! And I love the porridge analogy. I hear ya.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the sound of porridge.

I always say pudding which sounds far more...icky.

MizFit

HC said...

Oh man, if I had someone cooking such delicacies for me, I wouldn't have a fighting chance of staying fit! Stay strong.