Week 2 here we go

Starting week 2 of the Ripped in 30. It seems easier overall this week (may just be in my head though) but way more core work. I think it's just more of stuff I like. I like the 30 seconds format too - I can do anything for 30 seconds. I only have to modify a few things because of my surgeries so I feel like I'm getting a solid workout even with those. As I get stronger I'll work to do that less, but I don't want to injure myself so I'm making sure I'm smart about it. I'm finding the eating more of a challenge really. It's easier on workdays, but when it's a weekend and I'm home by myself? So hard not to just nibble away my days. I've tried to have lots of healthy snacks around and stay hydrated which helps. I find I eat when I'm thirsty sometimes and really what I need is water instead. I'm trying not to obsess over food - I'm debating whether I want to track my meals or not because I know how obsessive I can get about it. I want to be aware of what I'm eating and portions but I don't want to get weird about it.We have company here too for a few days so I have to be open to more options and eat enough, but not too much. Ugh. I envy people who just eat for fuel. It's so much more complicated for me.


After one week of being hardcore food + workouts I already feel better. My muffin top is less and my pants feel a bit better. I've lost ~3 pounds (most of which I bet is water) but it's good to see a bit of progress and feel like I'm doing something useful. It's not really about the scale though and I'm not aiming for such drastic change. I'm only stepping on once a week - I want to feel stronger and be comfy in my clothes again. My abs are more visible again which is nice and my shoulders seem a bit more muscley which I have missed. So far? This program works :). I took an extra day off because it was a long weekend - I did fully plan to workout yesterday, but friends came to visit a day early without much notice so I was not able to fit it in before they came. That's OK though - we've gotten a tonne of snow the last few days and JJ has an injured wrist so I've been doing all the shoveling. Let me tell you - getting a sidewalk clear of 10 inches of snow and chipping off the ice is a solid exercise!

I should be off and get to the lab. Just wanted to touch in to say hi and be accountable to myself. Hope you all have a great week. Stay warm!!

No comments: