Square One

...I have been cleared to exercise again. Other than a few spitting stitches on an incision I am fine and well healed. They annoy me, since I still have bandaids stuck on my boob and it means I can't have a bath, but at least I can exercise although I can't sleep on my side or front for another 2 weeks (I can't wait...)
Now that I can, I've been attacking our yard and deck all week and it feels good to be active again. Bonus points to have a yard that I will feel like chilling in as well and the deck is clean and ready for chilling. I have plans to get a bit of used furniture for the deck to replace some beat up stuff (like a futon or something)...and I have all the cool square bricks leftover from our chimney that I plan to make some planters out of...so once I get the worst of the weeds out of the front yard that's my next plan. Then tear down the old sheds and make a new one with my dad...and then paint the deck...and...and...man years of neglect while I was sick followed by a fall where no yard work was done have made for lots of things to do. So...time to do them I suppose...
After pulling out my summer clothes I see I've put on a few pounds while recovering from surgery and I'm not amused. It was tasty, but I drank too much beer and ate too many snackey cakes (mmm...delicious snackeycakes) and wasn't active enough. So...I need to get back to it. I've been walking to work the past few weeks but I'm in all of my "upper limit clothes" and they aren't too comfortable....and THAT is my signal to get my shit together. That and the fact that I like to wear some specific outfits when the weather gets hot and right now...well they currently feel dodgy...so time to get to it.
I admit I am really nervous to step on the scale and see what's up and take some measurements, but I need a baseline. I am excited to get back to a couch to 5K program and some weights again for strength though. Getting up 30 minutes earlier is not going to be fun, but I can work to get to bed earlier (she says as she is on the internet at 1140pm...um...derp). Lunchtime yoga at work is also something I'd like to get back to at least a few days a week too. I'm nervous...but I know once I get past the point where I am reassured I will no longer die while I'm running I will be OK. I shall log what I do here to keep accountable so I'll be around more again. Cya later tater. :)

No comments: