The Kootenays

Well...I'm back in the big shiny world again. I admit I'd still rather be on holidays but I had a great time and feel pretty amazing. I picked up an annoying sinus infection on the first part of my holiday from all the dust in the air at the festival we went to but what can ya do. We still had 4 glorious days of hiking in the Kootenay National Park and it was beautiful. The festival was fun and I got to hang out with old friends in the sunshine and dance all night, but the holiday after with J was really what I was waiting for.

We set up base in a cozy little motel and set out for so many amazing hikes into a number of mountain lakes, waterfalls, a few canyons and even a 5 K hike up to a glacier (my favourite!). It was beautiful...

We averaged about 18Km a day of glorious foresty mountainy adventure. We got to soak in the Radium hot springs a few times in the evening after long hikes and went out to a nice german restaurant for our anniversary for a posh meal and some wine. A real holiday. Like we used to. No...like we DO.

:)


We popped in to visit my sister on the way home and got back late last night. Now it's back to work to see if the lab exploded while I was away. I hope you've all been having a glorious summer!

No comments: