Blogilates

A new friend of mine introduced me to Blogilates the other day. She said it's the site that got her into fitness and had nothing but good things to say about it. She's now very active, runs, weight trains and even does acro yoga but still uses the site so I thought I'd check it out. The host is a bit overly perky and happy at times, but she *is* happy...I like that. She has a way of talking while you're exercising that distracts you from what you're doing as you do reps of something. Sneaky. She has a lot of shorter workouts to mix and match from and appears to even make calendars of monthly workouts for people to follow along. It seems like a very positive environment with lots of different exercises - not just pilates. It's a different kind of endurance than HIIT... I've always been curious about pilates and am trying to find exercises to scult and thin up my trunk and butt along with the old usuals that I do so I thought I'd make today's lower body day a blogilates day. So, I did 2 of her workouts: Perfect Legs POP Pilates and 5 best thigh slimming exercises and then tried to get through a 4 minute scissor ab workout but had to quit before the last one was complete because...well...I couldn't do anymore! Such simple moves and they're so hard! My butt is already tingling...I do believe I may be stiff tomorrow. It was an interesting change. I think I'll keep it in rotation :)

I made a new meal last night for supper and it will definitely stay in rotation. I cooked up some ground turkey, kale, celery, onions, mushrooms and red peppers with some spices and then mixed it with some dry cottage cheese and stuffed some jumbo pasta shells with it. Then I drizzled tomato sauce over it all and baked it up with a pinch of mozza for 30 minutes - what an awesome meal with a big side salad. Enough leftovers for J to have for supper tonight too. I love cottage cheese baked up in things...
Anyway, I must get to it. I had my cranberry green tea smoothie for breakfast on my walk to work and now it's time to get down to science. Have a great day!

2 comments:

azusmom said...

I JUST heard about this this site this morning! Because of the video she put up in which she photoshops herself. It's pretty cool.
Green tea smoothie? Sounds yummy!

Yum Yucky said...

Cassey from Blogilates is pretty awesome. Enjoy your pilatesmania!