Who are you running for?

I'm participating in the CIBC Run for the Cure this weekend again, this year as a survivor.
The fund raised go towards incredible research and patient support here in Canada and I'm so proud to be a part of it yet again. I've experienced the good that comes from this charity and know of a lot of good researchers funded through it. As a last minute plug - if anyone would like to donate to the cause, pop me an email and I'll send you a link.
I remember running the race in the past and seeing the survivors in their pink shirts and being in awe of them and all they had gone through. At first I was happy to be able to run 5K. Then the next years I ran for a family friend Shirley who fought and eventually died from breast cancer. There was so much strength and support between the survivors. So many tears. So much hope. Now, this year I will still run for Shirley...and well just because I'M HERE too still dammit! Muahahaha! :)
I can't wait for Sunday. One of my best friends and my sis-in-law are running (OK probably walking) the 5K with me. It's gonna be a bit of an emotional day but I am really looking forward to it. I get to give back a bit for all the good I received during treatment. It's gonna be a good day :)

No comments: