friday!!

Long week. So glad it's friday. It's my anniversary on monday so J and I took the day off to spend together...it will be nice to have another long weekend together. As a gift to ourselves we went out last night and got new pillows and a nice set of 400 count cotton sheets. Yay for new sheets :)

This morning the spin and sculpt instructor was sick (not too dissapointed, since it was el blando) so I modified a ZWOW and did 30 minutes interval on the elliptical afterwards. The workout was 3 rounds through:
-20 weighted deep squats with alternating side twists (10 lb)
-10 cross legged pushups
-15 roundhouse/cross body kicks (each side)
-10 clean and press (35 Lb)
-10 four pointed weighted punches (2 X10 Lb, punch to each toe and to each alternating high corner)
-10 box step ups with high knee (each side)
-15 V-sit crunches

I forgot how I'm hungrier when I workout. It should take a few more days before I get used to the hungries again...right now I'm trying to keep to regular meals with more proteins and not get "hangry" by missing out on lots of water and a healthy snack when I need one.

Overall though -I feel oh so nifty. This weekend should be sunny but cool so hopefully we can see a few more Fringe plays and go for a few hikes and maybe even have a picnic. I'm hitting up the BC fruit truck for fresh peaches on saturday and plan on canning some preserves and making some pies....and just eating a few fresh ones...maybe grilling a few on the BBQ and drizzling them with greek yogurt and maple syrup. Mmm...there is nothing like an orchard ripe peach...
Anyways, hope you all have a fabulous weekend! I plan to :)

2 comments:

Yum Yucky said...

Have a GREAT anniversary weekend. Chicka-bow-wow!

azusmom said...

Happy anniversary!
I'm jealous you get to go to a fringe festival. I got to perform in Edinburgh once, but it was a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago! :)