well rawr then

Well rawr.
This weekend I actually came in to work for a bit (only 4 hours) and then spent the rest of the day organizing and tidying at home in the basement, closets and pantry. The dresser I painted is reassembled and back in it's proper place and everything is back in it. J has been working like a banshee to organize the whole basement and office too. He's utterly fascinated with swiffer dusters, which cracks me up. :) We rewarded ourselves with a nice cold Innis & Gunn and an old James Bond movie (Golden Eye). Sunday I was oh so manly and cut and built J two 40 inch tall speaker stands from wood with my own 2 hands (...and a chop saw and drill). They aren't gorgeous, but they're solid and strong and will do the job. Finished them just in time for family dinner at J's folks place (taco burgers and baked potatoes...yum).
Rawr.
Tonight after bellydance I have to sand and prime them so they can be painted up this week and put to good use.

Last night I was not good at family dinner and ate a loooooooot of rice pudding for dessert. Like a lot. Like could not eat any more. A pudding baby indeed. J's mom made it for me as a late birthday dessert, and I admit - it's one of my remaining food weaknesses and I totally overdid it. So, today I made sure I got up to reboot and work out. I did the Bodyrock 12 Minute Magic bodyrock TV workout with the Play it Hard abs bonus and then 30 minutes on the elliptical and called it a day. Today will be a long full day, so I'm looking forward to my head softly hitting the pillow some time late late tonight.
Must run.
Hope you all had a great weekend :)

4 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Wow, with your carpentry, kick ass exercising and belly dancing I'm getting a "make a dress out of a feedbag" W-O-M-A-N hit. If you remember that song.

And if you don't, you probably think I'm totally crazytunes!

Either way I'm impressed!

Yum Yucky said...

I hear banshees work really hard. J is a wild man...

Peter T Chattaway said...

Words cannot express how depressing it is to hear Goldeneye described as an "old" Bond film.

Geosomin said...

I know...I remember when it was new and cool and Brosnan was the new Bond and I was all excited :)