Now for the rest of my life

I am back from a blissful week away.
Up at the lake I cooked turkey dinner and all the fixings for 18 people and then got to go for a long snowy walk with J before he had to head back home on monday. Someone made the pies...including green tomato mincemeat tarts...yum. The weather was nasty (snow & mean wind) so we didn't get to hike the 8 K hike around the gem lakes like we'd hoped, but it was nice to get away. Jay headed back and I stayed up to visit my dad until sunday and it was awesome. I finally got to relax. I read the Hunger games Trilogy, built some great furniture with my Dad, split some wood, got some sewing done and cooked for Dad, who is really appreciative. Most of my fitness plans were derailed by the craptastic weather, and there was a nice amount of wine to be had, so I certainly didn't fit myself up while away, but I feel so relaxed for the first time in ages. It was nice to sleep, read and eat when I pleased and be at my favourite place on earth (other than my bed!). I think the best thing was being ablet o just spend time with Dad. When you have that much time there is a chance to just spend time together with no pressure or obligation and really reconnect. I love my Dad to pieces and I've missed him. It was great.

The shirt for my costume is done and the corset is 3/4 done, so I feel like I may have something to wear to the party...it may not be finished to my liking by then, but I plan on building on it over the winter too...still lots of details. We'll see how far I get. I don't want to stress out over it...just have fun with it. I think that's what I liked the most about the week off...no stress. None. Just coffee and the crackling of the wood stove and endless old National Geographics :)

I am back tho and determined to get back to things. As a birthday present to myself I want to see if I can book time with a personal trainer for November and December. I need focus, and the time to work back to where I was in the spring. This morning I did ZWOW 14 at home and it was HARD, but I did all 5 rounds with 8Lb weights. I felt woefully out of shape, and I slept on my left shoulder and made it sore last week, but I pushed and did it all with no skimping and I'm proud. I just have to get to it. Same with food. I had a healthy breakfast and other than going out for dinner with my family for my graduation on the 27th I plan on really eating clean for the rest of the month. I didn't pig out at the lake, but I certainly didn't restrain myself and I am ready for a more focused plan for me. The celebrating phase is coming to an end. Now for the rest of my life.
I can't wait!

2 comments:

Yum Yucky said...

Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life! The forecast? Your future looks real bright.

Miz said...

and me? I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE WEEK WAS BLISSFUL.

xoxo