I've got a living room full of robots

Hello :)
Things are going better. Not totally back to normal, but they are good. It's nice to feel normal again.
I got my hair cut over the weekend, all trimmed up with layers and I'm not entirely sure I like it, but it's finally styled and not shaggy. I bought a box of dye and now my ridiculously grown out highlights are all back to a nice warm brown. Looking human makes you feel a bit more human.
Saturday night I got to spend most of the day with my BF Heather catching up on life, eating pie and drinking wine and laughing. It was *so* good to see her...it's been way too long. Sunday I made some eggnog pancakes and then we spent most of the day putting together robots and decor for our party coming up in a few weeks and then the crew went out for chinese food. It's so...good to be out doing things I enjoy with people again. Being me...not the me chained to the lab and computer...it's just so good to laugh and have fun doing things I enjoy. It really has been too long. J and I are doing better too...and that is the best part of all.
This morning I was up and came in to work out. My asthma was really acting up last night so altho I did workout A I only made it thru 20 minutes on the stairclimber before I switched to the stationary bike for the last 10 minutes...my lungs were not happy and I just couldn't get enough air...not really an asthma attack - I think it's just leftover cold stuff. Then I did some abwork and called it a day. J is sick again, poor guy, so I'm wondering if we'll just pass this back and forth for a while. So far the cold has ignored my lungs and I do hope it continues to do so. I'm not sure if it's my throat healing up from the food burn or what's going on, but I'm not going to push it and make my asthma unhappy. If it does I'll have to take a workout break for a few days...my lungs can be very difficult and I like breathing :).
Hope you all had a nice weekend. I did. :)

2 comments:

azusmom said...

So glad things are better! Take care of yourself!

Yum Yucky said...

Gaaah. I hope your lungs don't bother you again on your next workout. As for that "eating pie and drinking wine and laughing". These are essentials of life. I do have the wine and the laughs and good company. Now all I need is a tasty pie and it's on!