Come on you magellans, come with me I've got pie...

Yesterday was foodorama. But in a good way. It was AWESOME. I made pumpkin oat muffins, and then used my new bento stuff to make a healthy supper. I made sticky sushi rice seasoned with sushi vinegar and a bit of saki to made lots of little shaped rice balls - triangles, rods...even flowers. Very cute :) I steamed up some veg and made some ginger sesame flavoured chicken to go with it and WOW...delicious. I have a bento box of leftovers packed for my lunch today...I hope the rice balls keep. It was fun, and honestly took only 5 minutes more than regular rice...J tried them when he got home from a shoot and liked them too, so I'll definitely be doing it more often.

I also made pumpkin pie spiced overnight chia oats for breakfast (from Oh She Glows)...1/4 c pumpkin, with a 1c almond milk, 1/2 c oats and 1 1/2 T chia, a splash maple syrup and molasses and a 1/4t pumpkin pie spice and a little stevia. It was like pumpkin pie pudding. Only it was my breakfast. Oh my.
Yeah it's like that!
I love making delicious food. Having a bit of time to make healthy delicious food is great. I love it.

I got up and came in for the sculpt and spin class this morning. It was a nice hard challenge. I got a solid workout and now today will be a long day. New lab procedure and I'm very tired. I stayed up too late last night...Must dash :)




1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Pumpkin oat muffins?? Recipe, please! (Or did you already post it?) Your oats sound delish too. Apparently I'm in a pumpkin mood today - thanks for the inspiration!