oh lordy...

I am so tired.

What with 2 classes and work and my MSc project, and prepping for my progress meeting in December I am...well...nuts. And it hasn't even begun to get nuts yet. My sweet hubs has given me a goal to work to...he's going to take me away on a romantic holiday weekend at the end of November...definitely a goal to work towards.

Day three of OU was less than I'd hoped, but it did happen.
This morning I woke up at 4 AM upon remembering that I skipped a part of the experiment I finished up yesterday...essentially meaning I now have to repeat it...which means another week of cell culture. I was so annoyed at myself I couldn't get back to sleep again. I came in to the gym and did 30 minutes of HIT on the bike...I couldn't seem to get my heart rate up at first, but eventually I found a groove. I really had to convince myself that since I'd come in I might as well just work hard...it was tough, I admit. I was still bummed out about my lab blunder and wanted to go back to bed. But I persevered and felt better towards the end. I did some focused core work - medicine ball twists and some planks (man those are hard!) and a bit of ab work. The robot says I burned 362 calories. Not my best, but considering my heart really wasn't in it today, I'll take it.

I have a healthy lunch and had my morning cottage cheese and protein shake before workout and my yogurt, granola and banana afterwards. I'm hoping this big cup of Tim Horton's coffee will give me a buzz cuz I have a looooooong day ahead of me. Again. Can I get a woo hoo?

Well nothing for it. Here we go.

Courage :)

1 comment:

azusmom said...

I'm sorry about your lab work (even though I have no idea what you're talking about, lol!).
Some days are quagmires. Ya just gotta slog through 'em, knowing that this, too, shall eventually pass.
As Dorrie from "Finding Nemo" would say, just keep swimming!