Day 13: Today's workout is cancelled due to weather

I can honestly claim my indoor workouts were cancelled due to temperature!

I got home last night around 10 after a LONG day to a freezing cold house. It was about 12 degrees...turns out the squeaky noise the furnace was making was rather important. The motor had gone on our furnace. Thankfully where J works there are a lot of space heaters we could borrow so we kept the house from freezing up overnight and arranged for someone to come in first thing 7AM to fix our furnace. Saved ourselves about $200...

I heartily recommend and thank the guy we hired - Integrity Plumbing and Heating in Saskatoon. An independent contractor who's a journeyman for plumbing and heating. He was really nice (no bullshit to me as a girl - that's *huge* in my books), and did everything he could to save us what he could and his labour was reasonable. It wasn't too expensive in the end and we now have heat again...

But needless to say, I didn't get my workout in this morning. Ah well. I have bellydance class tonight, so it's not a total loss. And I had breakfast...
I am exhausted though. After class I'll be glad to come home to a toasty house and go to bed very early.

Moral of the story? Change your furnace filters so you don't wear out your motor....And if your furnace starts making odd squeaky noises don't go "huh, that's odd"...have it looked at! Where I live a broken furnace is critical. -35C is not kind to you. I'm quite relieved to have it all fixed and glad we have a rainy day fund for stuff like this now...makes it a bit less freaky.

And now I must play catch up on my day...later taters...

No comments: