H is for holy crap!

I'm not doing too well at the alphabet word thing...I do like saying holy crap though, so I couldn't resist.
Say it like Strongbad with me:
"Holy Crap!"
Last night I got a bit of a break from the Fundraiser I'm volunteering for for 2 weeks and met a friend for Vietnamese food and just talked. I don't get to see her much so it was good to visit and consume tonnes of satay veggies and soup. J held down the fort at the fundraiser for me so I could take off for 3 hours...it was nice.
I took the night off belly dancing this week too to be sure my leg was OK. And I think, tentatively, it is. Nice.
This morning, after a quick bowl of cereal I walked to work briskly - a nice 35 minute walk along the river. It was chilly and windy (about 3 degrees, there was frost overnight) so I bundled up in my warm coat with gloves and wore my running shoes. My knee feels fine today, and I feel good knowing I got a bit of exercise in this morning. I do believe I'll try my ball DVD tomorrow.
It'll be another long day today - all day at work here and then 5 hours at the pledge drive before I can go home and fall into bed, but it is for a good cause, and it's my way to help out...the tricky part will be eating well over the next while. J is overworked too so we're just trying to survive until Saturday...we both have the whole day off so we plan to make like vegetables all day and relax together.
Not being home or getting to a grocery store until saturday makes it a bit tricky to make healthy meals - I may be the cereal queen for the next little while :). Can you give yourself scurvy from eating nothing but cereal and fruit for 2 weeks?
Hope not.
:)
On that note, I'm off. Much to do.
Have a good day...

Music to walk to work by: Heart by the Stars

3 comments:

HC said...

Strongbad! I totally forgot how much I love strongbad!

Anonymous said...

yep. embarrassed.

NEVER HEARD OF STRONG BAD.

off to **really** read that wikipedia entry.

Anonymous said...

your "Holy crap!" is my "Crapsticks!"