The Burger Incident...or lessons from my stomach Vol. 6

I never learn it seems...last night, as a reward for all the paint slaving, we went out for supper at a local brewpub and then to see WallE. The film was fantastic, and the food was great...at the time. I had some strawberry ale (in anticipation of my own home brew which will be ready any day now-meehee!) and a bacon burger and fries...and gravy.
I know, I know...stupid.
There were lots of other healthier items on there. I could say I had had a quick tiny lunch and was craving some tasty pubby yummy food (this place makes great burgers), but honestly...I just caved. I could only eat half the burger, but (of course) ate most of the fries...they were yummy. I gave the other half of the burger to my husband (like *he* needed it- i have to stop feeding him my extra calories...I don't want to keep sabotaging his weight loss plan). Later I learned why I don't do this anymore...

image: Natalie Dee

Cuz here's the thing- since I have started eating healthier, super greasy or rich foods do not agree with me when I have more than a little of them. And I *know* this...so after the movie my stomach churned and I felt yucky and lethargic. Sometimes I need to be reminded that bad foods just don't feel good anymore because (duh) they're bad for me. I think my stomach is trying to tell me something. OK...I *know* my stomach is trying to tell me something:
"Stop that! Treat me better. YOU deserve better than that. Food is not a comfort. Food is not a reward. It's just food..."

On the up hand though - feeling better this morning, I discovered (wondering what damage the Burger Incident had done) that during painting, I lost those pesky 5 pounds I've been trying to shed since Christmas. Sweating and working hard all last week *does* pay off...in more ways than one. My stomach and back and abs are quite a bit more toned, but I just hadn't stopped to realise it. I'll have to keep up with the muscle work and running to keep it up. That discovery (and the "burger incident") have given me the kick in the ass to get back into the world of eating right and healthy again. During renos it was eat what was there (ordering in or my friends cooking -which is absolutely delicious but *way* too full of fatty meats and creamy sauces. He wonders why he struggles with his weight, but honestly, his cooking and food are very full of oils and calorie filled fatty ingredients). I must do better - portion sizes and all.

Soo...with that knowledge, I am determined. This morning the rain cleared up just in time for me to leave the house so I walked to work. It was a lovely morning...sunny and everything had a shininess to it. And it was good for me...and so it is back to it again.

Constant vigilance! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow.

there ya go. your million dollar idea: Paint Yer Way Thin In 129874128974192874 Easy Strokes.

M.