Week 2 day 1

I really wasn't sure if I'd survive today. Yesterday I did 30 minutes on the crosstrainer as they hadn't posted my weeks training for the 10K yet...and oh boy...this morning was indeed a challenge. I haven't done any upper body work since I hurt my shoulder and got a full hour MLT therapy done on my back and shoulder on the weekend so it feels much better, but I don't want to push it. I figured a bit of cardio couldn't hurt.

But this morning...the assignment was:
Run 6.5 and walk 2 5 times with 5 minutes run at the end. It was really tough...but I did it. I honestly don't think I could have gone much further though. My legs were starting to protest and would have gone into twinges soon if I didn't stop, but I did it all and stretched out thoroughly.
And then I had some toast with tahini and honey on it for breakfast...which is fast becoming a favourite thing with me. Yum.
Well off to the lab...much to do, and my parents are in town. We're going out for mexican food after work. I'm looking forward to it...I certainly earned the right to a nacho or two :)