Week 1 day 3

Well...it was all foggy and misty this morning - 0 degrees with about 99% humidity. It was *very* neat weather to run in...you couldn't see across the river or anything...it was like being in a small foggy bubble...only you could hear seagulls. I don't know where the sudden influx of seagulls came from but they're collecting by the river and *really* loud and annoying. You can hear them in our bedroom with the windows closed. I hope they move along soon...

Today was a challenge: walk 2 minutes and run 6.5 minutes 4 times. I did it, but it was quite hard for the last rep. I keep getting threatenings of a side stitch...I've not had this happen before and altho I can ward off them by taking deeper breaths, it's not as relaxing when you have to concentrate on your breathing all the time...perhaps I"m not drinking enough water? I used to sip water while I ran - it's just been too cold to carry a water bottle without freezing my hands yet. Maybe I can drink a bunch of water the night and morning of running and see if it helps. I'm not sure.
All I know is I feel great! The few new stretches I've worked in for my knees and butt have helped a lot - considering how much I've been doing this week I'm not stiff. I love stretching out after...it takes 15 minutes, but man - it's so relaxing and feels so good after pushing yourself. I've been trying to run on the grass and not concrete which feels so much nicer to do...perhaps I'll focus on posture and my movement while I run and get good habits ingrained in me right at the start of things. I want to do my best t try and get to the 10K goal for June. If I need to back off a bit after that so be it...I'm in this for fun, not a crazy need to go further and further. I just don't think I'd ever have the desire to do a full Iron Man or anything like that. I don't know if my poor body could take it, and that much training just doesn't seem like much fun at all to me. I'll stick to foggy mornings myself thanks :)

No comments: