But...where'd all the green stuff go?

It's bloody freezing out: -15 C with 15 cm of snow and blowing wind...very annoying. I'd just raked up the yard for spring and it's all under snow again :)
So I did today's training as best I could in the elliptical in the basement this morning. 2 minutes "walk/slowish" + 7 minutes "run/fast as I can" five times plus 5 more minutes of given it at the end. I didn't have time to stretch though. I really have to make myself get up 10 minutes earlier...it's getting harder and harder to fit in the extra training time and still stretch. It feels so good to stretch...but it feels so good to hit snooze too! :)
I need to do more ab work too...my belly is not as flat as it once was. Oh sure yo ucan still see my abs, but I'm a bit jiggly. This will not do. No sir...I must get back to regular ab work. They're not horrid - I was dancing in a bellygrabbing top on the weekend so it's not that bafd... just am determined that I will not have me developing a muffin top at this stage of the game...forwards. Last summer I had crazily defined abs...and I'd like them to be firm. But, not sideways :)

Whew. This morning was hard stuff but good for me. I'll keep up with this training and I figure the snow has to melt by the actual race...in June...knock on wood. Frozen wood...I am developing a sore throat...hopefully I'm not coming down with the plague. That would get in the way a bit methinks.

Oh well. At least I got to have some toast for breakfast before stepping out into the blizzarding wasteland....this has been the longest coming proper spring in years.
I need some tulips stat!

2 comments:

Scrumpy said...

I too hope you're not coming down with the plague. :) Feel better!

Crabby McSlacker said...

And hope spring arrives for you soon. (It's really nice in the Cape today, but I'm told that's unusual.)

It's gotta be frustrating waiting for some sun.