Me and my buddy

Hi!
Well - it's been a while hasn't it. Instagram and FB really steal my need to blog lately. I am getting back into brewing but that doesn't really suit this page so I'll post my stuff over on my other blog (Supposed Golden Path) and try and stay health related here. :)

I was working out 2 months solid and Finished the 30 day shred and  was starting my 3rd week of  the Core de Force MMA inspired workouts and loving it, but when I started doing roundhouse kicks I guess it was a bit too much. Those kicks were doing a number on my muscles in my quads and ITB band and were so tight they were making my knees stiff and sore and click so I took a week off. My knee is feeling OK as of today so I'll get back to it at a gentler pace tomorrow. I'm trying out the Beach body on demand to see what fun things are there. May try PiYo for starters as it's supposed ot be knee friendly. Hoping to get stronger and lose about 10 Lb of holiday festivity. Since I'm mostly working form home now it's no excuse for me to not have time to work out so I'm using it.

I renovated my pantry this past weekend (paint, better shelves and built a custom shelf) and have been working to brew some tasty things, since I'm not going anywhere all summer: Pino Grigio, some raspberry cerveza and some mead (probably pear, and saskatoon ginger). Only have one pail with many carbuoys so I'll probably get a good stash of things ready by July. The mead won't be ready to drink until at least next year....

I popped in since I'm excited about the last post I made here about ayear ago. Today was the ~6 month  3D ultrasound for my friend who, after a long and somewhat unreal attempt at in vitro (including a typo when ordering her sperm order online that ended up in her benefit because she got viable sperm instead of the one she had originally wanted that ended up not being viable...you can't make this stuff up haha. And yeah...yeah you can order sperm online...like a plant seed catalog - who knew?)

With the whole Covid craziness My province has been closed largely since March and I've been unable to go with her to most of her appointments or even visit really I was with her for her first appointment and after that it's been moral support only. It's been tough, as she's been high risk. She had a lot of heavy bleeding for the first 3 months until the little guy finally implanted and settled in. Very concerning. I did a lot of grocery deliveries and moral support visits while she was on bedrest, but then couldn't visit, since I work partly in a lab. In the end, if anything her having to work form home did help her situation for a bit, but now it's just getting in the way. I have dropped off care packages a few times and talked with her inside the house and me in the yard, but it's not the same.

Thank heavens for technology. I was able to link in remotely to watch the live 3D ultrasound as it happened today which is pretty amazing. We also have pre-baby online classes to do virtually starting next week, but I really wish I could be there in person. It's odd, but I am glad I can at least be more involved. The little guy (it's a boy) who we nicknamed Buddy since we saw his little stubby bud arms and legs on his first ultrasound was shy and wouldn't show his face so she is going back in another few weeks for one more check to see if we can get a better view. She'll be at 24 weeks this week so I'm very glad to say that she is mostly out of the woods now as far as the baby is concerned. Such a relief. Saw his hands and feet and heard his heartbeat...I am so excited.

They'd better let me into labor and deliver that's all I have to say!
For now - I'm content to know Buddy is healthy and safe.



No comments: