14

I grew up watching Mork & Mindy and watching Robin Williams in films and his comedy routines. I was really hit unusually hard by hearing the news that he took his own life, but not because of how much laughter he brought to my life. More because of how he died. You see, I'm married to someone who suffers from depression sometimes and have seen all to well how it can take over your life and effect how you think and feel about everything. Life looks different. You can't just "snap out of it" or think about something else or distract yourself...it's not something I can even describe. Having not really experienced it myself (and being rather overly cheery myself most days) I really feel for people when they're in the depths of things. I wish Robin Williams had had someone there to talk him down and maybe be able to bring him back...it's so sad to see such a talented life end. But I can see how it could happen.
So sad.

But on a much happier note...today is our 14th wedding anniversary. After all these ups and downs I am so glad to be able to celebrate another year (and what a year it's been) with J. We've been through a lot in life...covered all of the vows really. We've done rich (well OK not poor), poor, sickness and health. We have a leisurely day to spend together...and I hope many more years to come. Who knows what's to come in the next year. I know we sure hadn't expected a year like the last one to come! I am excited about what this year will bring :) Hell, I am excited about another year!

Can I get a wohoo? :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whavery whoohoo! :-) I hope there's lots of sunshine for you both ahead. There's a little sun here too, though it was grey yesterday.

Yum Yucky said...

You can get 14 wohoo's, girlfriend. 14 years of marriage. It's a beautiful thang.

azusmom said...

Woo-hoo! Happy anniversary!

JavaChick said...

Whoohoo! Happy Anniversary! Hope you enjoyed a great day together. :)