Foul cereals I have known...

I am the cereal queen. I lived largely on cheerios and mini wheats while I was in university and so I'm always on the look out for new cereals. I likes my cereals.
In my quest for healthy alternative breakfasts I bought a box of weetabix when we last got groceries. After opening them on the weekend I was amused by their hashbrown like shape, and figured since I liked mini wheats and shredded wheat was OK they should be pretty good. Since I can't exercise while I'm slowly regaining my breathing ability from this foul plague I've really been trying to eat healthy. I brought out the Weetabix and...well, after trying some out last night all I have to say is this:

Wheatabix is the foulest cereal ever invented. With milk added it instantly transforms into a bland, mushy slop of grainy-yet-squidgy wheat particles...I haven't actually gagged when eating a breakfast cereal before Weetabix. Sugar does nothing. Fruit? Nada. I realise my sense of taste is diminished at the moment, but I simply feel I must warn unsuspecting healthy eaters...beware the Weetabix!

You may now return to your regularly scheduled breakfasts...

4 comments:

Peter T Chattaway said...

Aww, man, I grew up on Weetabix!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the warning-from your description, I know I'd hate it.

I'm a fan of the blogger Weetabix over at Elastic Waist, and was almost tempted for that reason to try the cereal. Close call!

Scrumpy said...

Sounds yucky!

My favorite thing about my dorm cafeteria was the variety of cereals they had in these little dispencers. I had never had Captain Crunch until I went to college. Man, I was missing out!

My favorite fairly healthy cereal meal now is Honey Nut Cheerios with sliced bananas. Yummmy!!!

Geosomin said...

I've been told by my Mum that with warm milk and brown sugar it's not so bad...but I don't know if I'm willing to try it...