Martha Stewart's got nothing on me

This AM was sculpt with Mel. Good class. I was crazy furry gym lady since my grey cat curled up in my gym bag last night (classy) but it was a good workout and I feel great. Last night was BUY ALL THE FOODS grocery night for the month so we're stocked up on healthy goodies.
In my attempt to get away from prepackaged things I got a lot of fresh meat and ingredients. I want to try my hand at some homemade granola/protein bars and even took the time to make a bunch of burgers fresh from scratch to freeze and have ready for BBQs. My Dad (being the awesome make-anything-guy he is) was feeling domestic and after making himself one to make his own burgers made me a burger maker after I used his and raved about it. He made the base with some cut/mounted plastic pipe and a stamper/presser on his wood lathe which he then varnished for me...stellar :) I've got 10 1/4 Lb burgers made and ready now. I am even tempted to learn how to make my own sausage eventually, but this is a good start for now. I like knowing what is in (and *isn't* in) the things I eat. Now for a chewey but not too sweet granola bar recipe...I'm on the hunt so if you know of one let me know.

Must run. Busy day. Still ahve my pumpkin oatmeal to snarf before I'm off for a full day of shenanigans. Tonight I will fit in some booty work.
Say it with me now...
Booty.

1 comment:

MIZ said...

send your dad my way PLEASE ;-)